Tuesday, 08 June 2021 05:44

Truck loaded with cows attacked, driver, conductor killed in Anambra

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Two persons were shot dead on Sunday when their cattle-laden lorry was attacked in Oba, Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra state.

The driver, Abdulmumini Musa, and his conductor, Garba Yusuf, were en route from northeastern Bauchi State to Owerri when they were attacked in Oba, near Onitsha, one of the biggest centres of commerce in Nigeria’s south, our sources said.

Disturbing photographs reviewed by PREMIUM TIMES show apparent bullet holes on the chests of the victims. Some of the photographs are too gory and cannot be published.

The police have not blamed anybody or group for the attack. A local police officer detailed to work on the matter said “investigation has begun” and the spokesperson for the police in Anambra, Ikenga Tochukwu, said he had not been briefed Monday afternoon.

Armed militants belonging to the separatist Eastern Security Network have been operating in Nigeria’s Southeast, including Anambra State, and have been blamed for the rising attacks on INEC offices, Nigerian security facilities and personnel, and innocent civilians, including Nigerians from the North of the country.

The proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, which formed ESN last year, repeatedly denies involvement in these attacks. But their leader, Nnamdi Kanu, has repeatedly appeared in broadcasts and leaked audios issuing attack orders and firing incendiary remarks at Abuja and Northern Nigerians.

Also, the police said gunmen arrested following repelled attacks or during raids of camps have admitted to being ESN operatives.

Sources that witnessed the Sunday attack in Oba said it was the appearance of the military personnel that stopped the assailants from burning the lorry after they killed the driver and the conductor and enabled the stealing of the cows.

“Four cows have been recovered,” one person in the Hausa community told our correspondent but asked to remain anonymous so as not to hurt his cooperation with the police over the case.

Remains of the victims were taken to the Hausa Quarters, Cable Point, Asaba, in Delta State, for burial.

Oba was where six children, all under 10, belonging to a Fulani family, were killed in February.

 

PT

April 04, 2025

Oil set for worst week in months over Trump's new tariffs

Oil prices fell further in early Asian trade on Friday, and were on track for…
April 02, 2025

Natasha outsmarts Kogi govt, Police; ‘drops’ from sky to jubilant crowds

In a spectacular display of defiance, Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan turned the Kogi State Government and…
April 04, 2025

Flight attendants say you should never order these 5 items on a plane

Amanda Mactas Surely you are no stranger to a fashion faux pas, but when it…
March 30, 2025

Two 'proof of heaven' stories and one 'proof of hell' that had atheist calling out…

Ole Braatelien What happens to our consciousness the moment we die? Christians believe our souls…
April 02, 2025

Ponzi schemes: New law slams 10-year jail term, N40m fine - SEC

Nigeria’s Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has finally declared war on Ponzi schemes, with a…
April 04, 2025

What to know after Day 1135 of Russia-Ukraine war

RUSSIAN PERSPECTIVE Significant progress made on Ukraine ceasefire – Putin aide The US-brokered energy truce…
March 28, 2025

Bill Gates: Within 10 years, AI will replace many doctors and teachers—humans won’t be needed…

Tom Huddleston Jr. Over the next decade, advances in artificial intelligence will mean that humans…
January 08, 2025

NFF appoints new Super Eagles head coach

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has appointed Éric Sékou Chelle as the new Head Coach…

NEWSSCROLL TEAM: 'Sina Kawonise: Publisher/Editor-in-Chief; Afolabi Ajibola: IT Manager;
Contact Us: [email protected] Tel/WhatsApp: +234 811 395 4049

Copyright © 2015 - 2025 NewsScroll. All rights reserved.