Wakanow.com is Africa's leading, full-service online travel company. At Wakanow, we understand that everyone likes easy and affordable travel services, so we provide our customers with a one-stop booking portal for Flights, Hotels, Visa Assistance, Holiday Packages, Airport Transfers, an international Travel SIM, a Prepaid Travel Card, a Loyalty program, and much more.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: DevOps Engineer
Job Opening ID: WKN/37/JB
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
- As DevOps Engineer, you will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems, help automate and streamline software development operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, operations and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Create deployment packages and deploy to Test, QA and Production environment.
- Work with support team to schedule deployment to various environments.
- Configure Test, QA and Production environments with proper packages and dependencies to enable development.
- Identify automation opportunities within development and support teams, and develop appropriate scripts.
- Implement application monitoring system.
- Perform systems & applications usage, metrics and trend analysis reports.
- Perform system administration activities.
- Manage and maintain the development/software repositories across all systems
- Perform upgrades/apply fixes on open source software and in-house developed software.
- Provide 24x7 L2 support on open source software and in-house developed software.
- Perform application debugging, troubleshooting and escalate issues to appropriate team.
- Support unit, volume, security, network, redundancy and overall system testing.
Experience &Job Requirements
- Strong background in Microsoft Azure Administration Experience with automation/configuration management using either Azure, Powershell, Team Foundation, VSO or an equivalent
- Knowledge of release management in an agile environment
- Knowledge of SRCUM and DEVOPS culture and practices
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is an advantage)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
- A working understanding of code and script (.NET, JSON, PHP, XAML)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Microsoft Azure Administration, SQL and MySQL (or Redis), script (.NET, JSON, PHP, XAML), Release Management, SRCUM and DEVOPS.