Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Project Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Reports to: Alive and Thrive State Team Leader
* The Project Officer who will be based in Lagos will be responsible for the technical programme implementation, information gathering, results communication and documentation at the implementing LGAs for the Alive and Thrive Project (A&T).
* S/he will be expected to take on specific monitoring and evaluation related work as well as support the project administration and management activities at the LGAs.
* S/he should have experience that demonstrates knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, appropriate research methodologies and approaches as well as ability to meet deadlines, provide logistic and administrative support, and work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Scope of Role
* The Project Officer will work closely with the Government counterparts at the LGAs, Senior SBCC Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, State team Leader and Programme Manager.
* Level 3 - The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
Key Deliverables Include
* Ensure quality implementation, thorough documentation and monitoring & evaluation of nutrition activities at agreed in the workplans.
* Prepare the overall work plan (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) and budget for programme activities for the implementing LGAs in collaboration with the Government counterparts.
* Provide regular supportive supervision of programme implementation.
* Ensure regular supervisory visits of the Government stakeholders (State, LGA) and Community Leaders to Project locations are conducted.
* Collaborate with relevant ministries and other relevant partners at the state, local government and community levels to ensure integration and high level implementation of all IYCF activities on the project.
* Ensure the mainstreaming of child safeguarding (safe programming) and fraud awareness in programme implementation.
* Identify other opportunities in an ongoing manner that will add value to the overarching strategy of the Project.
Representation of the Project:
* Convey the overall purpose, activities, and achievements of the Project to external stakeholders in the Model LGAs.
* Ensure A&T representation and contribution in relevant meetings at the LGAs.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
* The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
Monitoring and Documentation:
* Maintain an updated comprehensive database with the Project indicators of the A&T Project.
* Prepare quality monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports of implementation in the Model LGAs.
* With support from the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, provide regular evaluation of the progress of the activities and propose changes for improvement
* Support Project level Assessment as approved by the Donor.
* On periodic basis, develop case studies and success stories from Project-supported LGAs.
Qualifications & Experience
Required Skills and Experience:
* First degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent
* Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in Nutrition or Health programming activities for Donor-funded International Development projects
* Strong background in Public Health, Nutrition, Demography, Development Economics, Statistics, Project Management or any related fields
* Experience designing and managing performance monitoring plans and impact studies
* Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* A high level of written and spoken English and fluency in Hausa languages
* Familiarity with major donors reporting guidelines
* Experience or familiarity with monitoring and evaluation methods and approaches
* Experience with training design, delivery and facilitation
* Ability to apply qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques
* Advanced computer and database management systems.
* Strong analytical skills
* Knowledge of documentation of success stories and case studies
26th September, 2017.
Note: Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be assessed as received and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to apply: